Chocolate and Lavender Mousse
150ml double cream,
1 tea spoon of Culinary Lavender,
150g plain chocolate,
50g butter, cut in cubes
7tbsp caster sugar
4 eggs, separated
Fresh lavender flower, to serve
1. Heat the cream in a small pan with the culinary lavender. Once it has reached boiling point, take the pan off the heat and leave lavender to infuse for a least half an hour.
2. Melt chocolate in the pot and beat in the butter a little at a time, and stir in table spoon of the sugar. Set aside to cool.
3. Beat the egg yolks into the cooled chocolate mixture one at a time, making sure each one is well incorporated before you add the next. Drain cooled cream, and whisk it into the chocolate mixture. Keep on beating it until it become smooth.
4. In another bowl, bit egg white with sugar until they stay on the spoon as foam soft peaks. Mix a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and combine really well. Move you spoon from up to down slowly. Don's leave any white streaks.
5. Pour the mousse into small cups or glasses. Put in the fridge overnight or until set. Serve with lavender flowers or creme fraiche.